Sunday, August 22, 2010

Master's level social work student seeks research project topic/question?

I have to do a research project prior to obtaining my degree. I have contemplated what I want to do for several months and nothing has excited me. Does anyone have any suggestions. It must be related to social work practice and/or human services.


Thanks for your ideas.

Master's level social work student seeks research project topic/question?
Having taught research I'm always found found of ones that relate to your field internship are the best. They tend to be very practical and potentially useful for the agency. They also help you to develop your knowledge base in a specific area. Also if your program has specific concentrations this is very useful to do your project related to your concentration. You might look at program evaluation and/or a needs assessment. Attitudinal research is always easy to do (e.g. attitudes of consumers to social workers, attitudes of social work students to clients, attitudes of community toward clients, or a new policy, etc.). If you have more specifics about your internship, population and concentration..I might be able to be more specific. DA
Reply:What do you do for fun or are talented at? I would approach it from that angle.





You can always do the poverty thing or "microfinance" which you hear all the time now.





Education policy or disabled veterans care...lots of stuff to do!





My suggestion is to go to university websites that have masters in the social work area...look at the homepages of professors and see what kind of research they are doing in their area. Then, you can adapt it for your area. You'll have too many ideas...


No comments:

Post a Comment